Thursday, September 14, 2006

HomeSalad


Another beautiful Wednesday night. The third to be exact and once again Sweetmusic (www.sweetmusic.fm) DJs came on stage to bring a selectively eclective (and when I say eclective I do not mean 'loungey type stuff' but rather a mix and mash, kind of like mashed potatoes, carrots and turnips altogether, I like to add a bit of milk, mustard and black pepper in my mash too but hey that's just me) chocie of tunes from a truly wide variety. DJs came on rotation adding spices and flavours into the mix that was more like a thai tom yum soup followed by fried bananas than anything as bland as mashed potatoes! Am I getting caried away with the food metaphors? You do know this is Wednesday's HomeSalad! I apologize, will stop and then continue. Well I guess you could say I like my food and I do love my music, I love new music, I love different music, I love all music. Essentially there was and there always is something for everyone on a Wednesday night. Come down and appreciate what this established online radio station has to offer. The Creciendo of the evening came at midnight where even those outside came inside to get down to funky disco interlaced indie tracks that put smiles on the faces of those swaying to both melody and beat. At the end of the night Sublime DJs, loopinmotion and lockngroove took the floor by storm hammering down raining beats for those all willing to get their booties shaking before heading home to a comfy bed. This event is definately something to look out for, stay posted and get yourselves down (if you haven't already been) to experience something different yet strangely familiar and homely.

1 comment:

loopinmotion said...

big ups to the sweetmusic boys & gals for rocking the dance floor & console before we call it a night. u like techno? we'll give u more! :)