Friday, October 13, 2006

RUBBA dUB dUB...


The soft launch for rubba dubba dub dub was a great gathering. Before I go on I'd just like to say, guys and ladies, whats wrong with some slow hip action to some infectiously deep bass and sweet melodies? What are you afraid of? Hell, next time time you might be rubbin and then lovin with someone special. The dancefloor was sparse although the turn out wasn't bad.

DJ Bud, (whose actual name remains anonymous to those who don't know who this is), started off the night with a mix mash of old school 70s reggae to an empty room. Half an hour later, Ras Irie took us into a deep selection of laid back grooves and spacey tunes that warmed up the night more than adequately. Aprropriately, he chose 'dub side of the mood' to start his set off. Next up was Kable who professional strung together a set which paid homage to the old and presented some of the new while retaining that older sound which in my opinion cannot be replaced. Tracks like 'uptown ranking' created shouts from the few on the dancefloor while Prince Far I brought things deep and dubby. There's something about the recording from back in the day, reggae/dub just doesn't sound the same anymore. Castro took over taking things up a notch and he smoothly showcased a transition from the older sound to newer uptempo tracks ending in a a barrage of junglist beats.

These guys were all on top form, but as I said why is the dancefloor so empty... I feel lonely, will someone come and join me in my rubbin to the deepest dubbin and the finest skank???

No comments: